The use of CBD products is increasing day by day among humans. Earlier, humans avoided taking CBD as they were uncertain about the psychotic effect of CBD. When people read about it, they found that CBD products contain a very low THC value ( the element responsible for the psychotics effects of marijuana). Similarly, now there are trends of CBD treats for dogs. However, most dog owners are unaware of it and hence avoid giving it to their dogs.
Most people see CBD, marijuana, and cannabis as synonyms. It might look confusing to them that CBD and marijuana give different effects. The internet contributes further to the confusion. Most people go through web browsers to know the difference. But they tend to get lost in the trap of enormous information present there. If you are one of them, then this article will solve your problem.
Further through this article deal with CBD products for dogs. So, If you are a dog owner, and want to give CBD oil to your dog, but are uncertain about its impact on your dog then this article will help you. The article will also help you to get the best CBD products for your dogs.
What is CBD?
CBD, short for cannabidiol is extracted from the cannabis plant ( mainly leaves, buds, and flowers) that are marijuana and hemp. However, there is a thin line difference between products extracted from marijuana and hemp. There are two types of oil extracted from different parts of cannabis. They are:
- Marijuana oil
- Hemp oil
However, both marijuana and hemp come from the same plant that is cannabis they are different in the ingredients present. Marijuana products contain a high THC value ( as high as 30% ). THC gives psychotic effects. Thus, marijuana is often connected to getting high. While products extracted from hemp contain a low value of THC (as low as 0.3% ). Thus, they rarely provide psychotic effects.
CBD oils are often mistaken as marijuana extracted products. In reality, CBD comes from the leaves and sometimes flowers of a mature cannabis plant. The therapeutical and medicinal effects are CBD products come from it. On the other hand, hemp oil is derived from cannabis seeds. These seeds contain either no THC or a low value of THC.
Hemp products do not carry the therapeutical characteristics present in CBD products. But they contain unique nutritional benefits. Along with CBD oil, some dog owners find hemp oil healthy for dogs. They give hemp oil as a nutritional supplement, rich in minerals and vitamins.
Impact of CBD oils
The impacts of CBD on dogs is explained through the following points:
- In recent years, the use of CBD has increased among humans but, the confusion persists when it comes to dogs. Most people are not sure whether they are healthy for canine pets or not. Many vets are now prescribing CBD for Dogs.
- The research work is still in the infancy stage. In a small study, it was found that most dogs handle CBD well with rare cases of diarrhea and slightly aerial ALP levels ( it is a liver enzyme found in dogs). Some researchers believe there is a need for an extensive study on the use of CBD oils for dogs. It will help to know the long-term effects of CBD on dogs.
- The social media handles of dog owners, who have tried CBD oils on their dogs, suggest that CBD oil has a positive effect on dogs. Till now, no report claims CBD to be harmful to dogs. However, minor issues are present in some cases.
So, giving a good CBD oil will help your dogs in many ways.
Choose a quality CBD oil
It is significant to buy a quality product. Here are some tips you can use to get quality CBD oil for your dog.
- Choose an oil made of organic hemp plants.
- Check whether the processing of the compound occurs in a clean and safe environment.
- Look for companies that conduct public tests for their products.
- The most significant thing to check is THC level. Choose a product with a low THC value.
If you find the elements satisfactory in a product, you can buy it without worrying. It will give various benefits to your dogs. Some of them are relief from pain and seizures.